Commitment and impact through Banco Sabadell Foundation’s collaborations and programmes
We highlight below the impact of some of our collaborations and programmes on the Sustainable Development Goals.
#3 Health and well-being
- Promote and recognise the work of Spanish researchers in the fields of biomedicine and health sciences through the Banco Sabadell Foundation Award for Biomedical Research and the Banco Sabadell Foundation Award for Sciences and Engineering.
- Support research works in the development of metastasis treatments through the Repte Metástasis project in collaboration with IRB Barcelona (Institute for Research in Biomedicine).
- Collaborate in health training programmes such as that with the Fundació Parc Taulí and the Fundació Patronat Científic de l’Il·le Col·legi de Metges of the Balearic Islands.
#4 Quality education
- Work on excellence, innovation and sustainability to support, promote and bring culture closer to society.
- Promote the arts in any of their disciplines through awards, training and support programmes, incentivising expository proposals with differential value such as the collaborations with the Teatro de la Maestranza in Seville, the Eñe Festival, Foto Colectania in Barcelona, Fundació Òpera de Catalunya i Orquestra Simfònica del Vallès, with its opera programmes in Catalonia and Academia Jove, respectively, ADDA in Alicante, the CCCB and the ATempo programme, Arts i Formació.
- Support leading universities to promote talent with the award of grants or scholarships, including: ESADE, EDEM, University of Oviedo, San Jorge University, Francisco de Vitoria University, University of Leon and Jaume I University.
#8 Decent work and economic growth
- Opt for collaborations that aim to help talented young people to enter the job market, such as the #YobExit programmes with the Exit Foundation or Toolbox with the University of Murcia.
- Promote and recognise the work of Spanish researchers in the fields of economic knowledge with awards such as the Banco Sabadell Foundation Award for Economic Research, as well as the promotion of economic research through the Talent Global programme together with CIDOB.
- Co-creation of projects together with other leading institutions in their respective fields to support talent development and also offer BSab employees the opportunity to participate as mentors. Worthy of note is the social transformation programme B-Value and the Reto Futuro initiative geared towards vulnerable young people.
#10 Reduced inequalities
- Offer grants promoting equal opportunities in the access to study courses through grant programmes with various universities with which we collaborate throughout Spain.
- Promote social transformation projects such as Reto Futuro aimed at vulnerable young people.
- Support projects that address the needs of disadvantaged groups such as the B-Value programme that backs projects of third sector entities.
- Collaborate with programmes that seek to promote social integration, such as the ATempo programme, Arts i Formació that will be developed in the province of Girona and in Seville, Cineteca with Matadero Madrid, Horagai with La Selva Cooperative and the arts training programme with Arc Taller de Músics.
# 11 Sustainable cities and communities
- Collaborate with projects that contribute to the reflection and dissemination of new paradigms in the development of sustainable cities, such as the Biennal Internacional de Paisatge’s programme, the ADI Medals or the Summer Workshop and the RCR Bunka Open Programme.
#12 Responsible consumption and production
- Collaborate with institutions that have a project related to responsible consumption and production, such as B-Value.
#13 Climate action
- Encourage initiatives such as B-Value that support various third sector entities with a climate impact project.
#16 Peace, justice and strong institutions
- All collaborations are carried out with solid institutions, with prior knowledge of them and taking all appropriate due diligence measures to avoid criminal or unethical activities.
#17 Partnerships for the goals
- Work together with leading institutions in our areas of activity by supporting their projects, co-creating new projects and promoting relationships with related institutions to find synergies to achieve the goals set.
- Get institutions with which we collaborate as a Foundation in touch with each other, such as the ConectArte Conferences at SONAR+D, the Entrepreneurship and Leadership Programme of the Reina Sofía Music School, the social innovation programme B-Value and the Young Talents Cycle of the Banco Sabadell Foundation.
- Collaborate at Banco Sabadell Group level with those divisions that have an impact on the Sustainable Developments Goals.